Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kawasaki ZX10R

I’ve changed my mind about 1000cc sports bikes. Of late my view has been jaded, musing about the virtues of having a machine that is effectively too powerful to use anywhere near the limit, concluding that whilst they are not exactly pointless (there are still homologation issues for racing) they are not at all practical for the average punter seeking day to day usage. They can get you into trouble if you are not totally focussed and they leave you wishing you could have got more out of them.


However having ridden the latest ZX10R, I’ve been forced to re-evaluate my views; it’s a mad and bad piece of kit, a very naughty pleasure.

I thought the Fireblade was quick (and it is), but the Ten seems to up the ante, it feels devastatingly quick. It’s not that it is much quicker, it’s just the way that you get there I think is the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment